Hungry to Know More about Israel?
Explore Israel Food Guide for Recipes and More!
When you think about Israel, food is probably not the first thing to come to mind. Amazing holy places, world class museums, beautiful beaches …
But food? Aside from hummus and falafel, many people draw a blank when it comes to Israeli food. What do Israelis eat? What kind of foods and cuisines are there in Israel?
The short answer is…in Israel, food is global.
(The long answer is explored throughout this website!)
At Israel Food Guide, we think that learning about food in Israel is one of the best (and tastiest!) ways to understand the country’s culture and people, and to appreciate its incredible diversity.
Diverse Communities with Delicious Cuisines
The majority of Israelis hail from all four corners of the world – and they brought their countries’ food traditions with them. So in a country roughly the size of New Jersey, you can find a wide range of cuisines, including:
What You Can Find at Israel Food Guide
- Middle Eastern dishes from Iraq, Iran, Egypt and Lebanon
- North African foods from Morocco and Libya
- Mediterranean fare from Greece and Turkey
- Balkan dishes from Bulgaria and Romania
- European cooking from Germany, Russia, Poland and Hungary
- Yemenite, Indian, Ethiopian, Druze, Arab Israeli, and Bedouin foods
- Asian and American dishes can also be enjoyed in Israel!
Whether you’re simply curious about Israel, planning a trip, or reminiscing from a recent visit - you’ve come to the right place to:
Israel Food Guide
- Discover popular food eaten in Israel
- Get tasty Israeli recipes to try at home
- Learn about the origins of Israeli food
- Find out about restaurants
- Explore Israel’s diverse culture
is a labor of love to share a part of this country that warms both hearts and bellies: its great food
B’shalom and b’teyavon!
(In peace and in good appetite!)
- Popular Israeli Food and Drinks
- In Israel it's possible to enjoy global cuisines, yet certain dishes are considered typical Israeli fare, enjoyed by most Israelis (and visitors!). Here is the most popular Israeli food....
- Israeli Restaurants
- Visiting Israel? Explore this guide to top Israeli restaurants, as well as vegetarian restaurants, best places for breakfast, and more!
- Israeli Holidays and Recipes
- Jewish and Israeli holidays are celebrated with food, family, and song. Learn more about the holidays in Israel and their related recipes.
- Delicious Israeli Recipes
- Looking for Israeli recipes? Explore our growing list of recipes from the different communities and cuisines of Israel.
- Contact Israel Food Guide
- Contact us at Israel Food Guide - tihiyu b'kesher!
- Disclaimer Page for Israel Food Guide
- Israel Food Guide Disclaimer